News: Currently taking commissions for original and commercial works of art.
Dec 14 -
- For those of you in the Washington DC metro area I will be will be at Beyond Comics Gaithersburg, Maryland location Christmas Eve Wednesday, December 24 at 2:00pm for the official Solitary by CW Cooke signing! I was fortunate to be the cover artist for this series and hope to see you there. I will also have copies of the Pirate Eye trade, sketch covers and prints, so if you are looking for a last second gift for a comic fan see you there!
Nov 14 -
- Check out what Major Spoiler has to say about Pirate Eye. "The genre mash up that took many by surprise is back! Pirate Eye: Exiled from Exile, written by Josiah Grahn with art by Carl Yonder, is now a four issue monthly mini-series. Combining elements of pirates and noir, Pirate Eye is the story of Smitty, an ex-pirate turned detective. Banished from the sea, he is forced to take up residence in a port, relying on his brigand-honed skills as a ‘finder’ to make a living-until an old enemy exposes a secret that forces Smitty to flee for his life. With a price on his head on land and at sea, Smitty will have to survive long enough to find out what went wrong, how to make it right, and who is responsible. For the first issue of the series, there is a special variant cover painted by series artist Carl Yonder, limited to 1500 copies!
- Pirate Eye is back! Combining elements of pirates and noir, Pirate Eye is the story of Smitty, an ex-pirate turned detective. Banished from the sea, he is forced to take up residence in a port, relying on his brigand-honed skills as a ‘finder’ to make a living-until an old enemy exposes a secret that forces Smitty to flee for his life. With a price on his head on land and at sea, Smitty will have to survive long enough to find out what went wrong, how to make it right, and who is responsible. Make sure you order your copies today
Oct 14 -
- Fight Card releases Guns of November with cover art by yours truly.
Sep 14 -
Aug 14 -
- Action Lab Comics officially announced at the San Diego Comic Con that the next 4 issue arc will go monthly starting in January 2015!
- Next Up, Devils Due Publishing announced that they will be picking up Solitary by CW Cooke, a mini series which I will be providing the covers. A kick starter campaign was announced and within a few days surpassed the funding goal, now we are rolling out stretch goals. The first few covers were released during the initial promotion campaign but you can see 3 of the covers on my Covers Page.
- I am also working with Jeremy Whitley on a new project. Here are two of the three main characters from the book, and some snippets of line art. For this project I am working with live models as basis of the characters to really push the idea that these are real people in our world. Once I am working on the books interior art, my goal is to share some more of the behind the scenes and get some thoughts from the models themselves. I hope within the next month or two to provide more details from the project, like the title, logo, story details but I hope you enjoy the progress so far!
- Last but certainly not least Night Watch Paradox the steam punk band I am working with announced an upcoming show on November 1st. This "Danse Macabre" is at the Howard County Historical Society Museum, in Ellicott City here in Maryland. Should be a really exciting show and I was asked to work up the poster for the event. I had a blast working on this project as I was able to explore the "one-man band" sketch which is one of the first sketches I came up with when the band asked me to be their creative director. I will be set up at the show to sell and sign the poster as well as other posters and comics so if you can make it out, look forward to seeing you there, and for more updates make sure you follow them on Facebook!
Jul 14 -
- Update in the cover section! New Mad Dog covers from Piccadilly Publishing.
- Also progress being made with new project from CW Cooke, here are snippets of the first three covers of the book.
Jun 14 -
- Busy month working on the next arc of Pirate Eye, this is going to be the biggest tale to date, Joe and I want to share more details but we can't, however enjoy these snippets...
- Uh-oh, looks like I shared too much!
May 14 -
- Updates to the Pirate Eye portion of the website and updates to the Comic Book Store. Now the site features links to single issues of Pirate Eye through Comixology and Amazon for the first Trade.
- I can't yet share details of the next Pirate Eye story; here are some snippets of pieces done over the last few weeks, details to follow.
Apr 14 -
- Awesome Con Day 2. Sketch covers of the sold out Pirate Eye Mark of the Black Widow. Pirate Eye Fans are the best!
- Not enough words to describe Awesome Con Day 1. Meet so many and made new fans as well as reconnected with old friends. Thank you all for the show of support; looking forward to day 2!
- For those of you in the Washington DC metro area I will be on the Artist Alley at L-6 at this year’s Awesome Con at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center from Friday, April 18 thru Sunday, April 20. Stop by to see original Pirate Eye art work, fine art work, fine art and comic books for sale, and for the first time ever; sketch covers of the sold out Pirate Eye Mark of the Black Widow. Show hours are 3pm-8pm Friday, 10am-7pm Saturday, and 10am-5pm Sunday.
Mar 14 -
- Here's the new cover I did for Fight Card: The Adventures of Sailor Tom Sharkey, this will be premiering at this year’s Howard Day's Convention in June. If you are interested in seeing the original painting stop by my booth at Awesome Con, and check it out. I will have all of the covers I have done for Fight Card so far. See you there!
Feb 14 -
- The first Pirate Eye trade will be hitting the stores Wednesday, February 26. The trade collects the first four issues of the smash hit Pirate Eye comic and sports an all-new cover by series artist, Carl Yonder! Once a pirate with a keen eye for finding wealth in unlikely places, Smitty now lives exiled from the sea. Landlocked, he has carved out a new niche as a "finder," a man who, for a price, will utilize the same skills that served him as a treasure-hunting scoundrel to unearth any item, person, or secret. As his reputation and caseload swell, Smitty must contend with the gangster who all but rules his new hometown, a dangerous collection of local brigands and politicians, and the pall of threats from old enemies. Through it all his focus on what he values most-his own success-never wavers. Though his circumstances have changed, in his chest still beats the heart of a pirate!
Jan 14 -
- Starting the year off with great Pirate Eye news! With the 4th issue recently released the trade is due to come out in early 2014. Be sure to check the News section often for more details.