Growing up a military brat my family and I traveled around the country and eventually the world. With all of the relocating, my parents and artwork were the two biggest constants of my life. Over the years the initial love of art has developed into a passion which I continue primarily with sequential art and painting.
I consider myself very fortunate, because my work has been presented in foreign embassies, newspapers, other publications and in 2004 I received The Columbia Scholastic Press Association’s 21st Gold Circle Award for my work with Grub Street.
I’m currently illustrating the comic Pirate Eye – a hardboiled take on the high seas – written by Josiah Grahn (published quarterly through Action Lab Comics) and several Fight Card series covers. Fight Card books are monthly 25,000 word novelettes, designed to be read in one or two sittings, and are inspired by the fight pulps of the '30s and '40s. All of which allows me the opportunity to experiment with my art and continue to travel.
Though I don’t always enjoying speaking openly about myself, I do believe my work, in whatever form, will always speak for itself. – Carl Yonder
• This website has just a sampling of my original works of art.
• All original pieces of art are for sale unless otherwise noted.
• If you are interested in any seeing additional pieces of my original art work contact me via email.
• Currently taking commisions.
• Private lessons available upon request.
email address: email@example.com